nanogui: Thread: Problem with keys ...

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Problem with keys ...
From: Ritesh Saigal ####@####.####
Date: 5 Oct 2000 21:46:05 -0000

Hi,

I am having a problem with the keyboard events. I want to catch all
(keyboard) events and then filter out some of  them. I am able to get
ascii values of all integer/character keys. But as soon as I press any
of the function keys or esc, insert, home, end keys, the program exits.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the default action (exit) for these key
events so that my program can catch them...

Regds,

Ritesh.

: I am having a problem with the keyboard events. I want to catch all
: (keyboard) events and then filter out some of  them. I am able to get
: ascii values of all integer/character keys. But as soon as I press any
: of the function keys or esc, insert, home, end keys, the program exits.

Run "nano-X -e" to disable the development version feature
where "ESC" terminates the server.  The function keys all start
with an ESC prefix.

I am not running the server Nano-X but instead linking application into
server. So what do I need to do to disable the development version
feature.

Thanks,

Ritesh.

Greg Haerr wrote:

> : I am having a problem with the keyboard events. I want to catch all
> : (keyboard) events and then filter out some of  them. I am able to
get
> : ascii values of all integer/character keys. But as soon as I press
any
> : of the function keys or esc, insert, home, end keys, the program
exits.

> Run "nano-X -e" to disable the development version feature
> where "ESC" terminates the server.  The function keys all start
> with an ESC prefix.
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg

: I am not running the server Nano-X but instead linking application into
: server. So what do I need to do to disable the development version
: feature.

At this point, initialize the variable escape_quits to 0
in src/nanox/srvmain.c and recompile.

: Thanks,
:
: Ritesh.
:
: Greg Haerr wrote:
:
: > : I am having a problem with the keyboard events. I want to catch all
: > : (keyboard) events and then filter out some of  them. I am able to
: get
: > : ascii values of all integer/character keys. But as soon as I press
: any
: > : of the function keys or esc, insert, home, end keys, the program
: exits.
: >
: > Run "nano-X -e" to disable the development version feature
: > where "ESC" terminates the server.  The function keys all start
: > with an ESC prefix.
: >
: > Regards,
: >
: > Greg

Its still not working. Escape, function, arrow, pagegup, pagedown keys
terminate the application. I initialized escape_quits to 0, recompiled nanox,
recompiled my program. The program still terminates on pressing any of these
keys.

Regds,

Ritesh.

Greg Haerr wrote:

> : I am not running the server Nano-X but instead linking application into
> : server. So what do I need to do to disable the development version
> : feature.
>
> At this point, initialize the variable escape_quits to 0
> in src/nanox/srvmain.c and recompile.
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg
>
> :
> : Thanks,
> :
> : Ritesh.
> :
> : Greg Haerr wrote:
> :
> : > : I am having a problem with the keyboard events. I want to catch all
> : > : (keyboard) events and then filter out some of  them. I am able to
> : get
> : > : ascii values of all integer/character keys. But as soon as I press
> : any
> : > : of the function keys or esc, insert, home, end keys, the program
> : exits.
> : >
> : > Run "nano-X -e" to disable the development version feature
> : > where "ESC" terminates the server.  The function keys all start
> : > with an ESC prefix.
> : >
> : > Regards,
> : >
> : > Greg
> :
> :

: Its still not working. Escape, function, arrow, pagegup, pagedown keys
: terminate the application. I initialized escape_quits to 0, recompiled nanox,
: recompiled my program. The program still terminates on pressing any of these
: keys.

Hmm..  greping the code shows that there's yet another instance
of escape_quits being set to 1, just inside GrOpen() in nanox/srvmain.c.
Change this to =0 as well.

: Regds,
:
: Ritesh.
:
: Greg Haerr wrote:
:
: > : I am not running the server Nano-X but instead linking application into
: > : server. So what do I need to do to disable the development version
: > : feature.
: >
: > At this point, initialize the variable escape_quits to 0
: > in src/nanox/srvmain.c and recompile.
: >
: > Regards,
: >
: > Greg
: >
: > :
: > : Thanks,
: > :
: > : Ritesh.
: > :
: > : Greg Haerr wrote:
: > :
: > : > : I am having a problem with the keyboard events. I want to catch all
: > : > : (keyboard) events and then filter out some of  them. I am able to
: > : get
: > : > : ascii values of all integer/character keys. But as soon as I press
: > : any
: > : > : of the function keys or esc, insert, home, end keys, the program
: > : exits.
: > : >