nanogui: Thread: Re: Mozilla runs on Nano-X

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Fw: Mozilla runs on Nano-X
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Oct 2000 01:18:48 -0000

Some statistics on the memory front... Peter and crew have
almost completed a full-blown Mozilla port on Nano-X.
(see the screenshots on the web page).  Anyway, here's
what he as to say about the relative sizes of Mozilla running
on X vs Nano-X:

: Just a quick note about memory. We had just done some (rough) comparisons
: with Mozilla(xlib version) + X, and Mozilla(nanoX version) + NanoX.
:
: To put is simply, xlib version + X uses (approx) 30M more REAL memory than
: the NanoX version + NanoX.

> Basically, the 18M version of Mozilla on Nano-X takes 48M
> on X??  Is that right?

:Actually mozilla+X compared to mozilla+NanoX. The big benefit is due to
: not needing X. Although the NanoX build is 4Meg smaller than the X version

This is great news.  I'm extremely pleased to hear that Nano-X has
come to the point that it can run such a sophisticated application...

Please note, sources and patches will become available within a week from
now. The address will be posted when they the site is up

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Greg Haerr wrote:

> Some statistics on the memory front... Peter and crew have
> almost completed a full-blown Mozilla port on Nano-X.
> (see the screenshots on the web page).  Anyway, here's
> what he as to say about the relative sizes of Mozilla running
> on X vs Nano-X:
>
> : Just a quick note about memory. We had just done some (rough) comparisons
> : with Mozilla(xlib version) + X, and Mozilla(nanoX version) + NanoX.
> :
> : To put is simply, xlib version + X uses (approx) 30M more REAL memory than
> : the NanoX version + NanoX.
> :
> :
> >
> > Basically, the 18M version of Mozilla on Nano-X takes 48M
> > on X??  Is that right?
>
> :Actually mozilla+X compared to mozilla+NanoX. The big benefit is due to
> : not needing X. Although the NanoX build is 4Meg smaller than the X version
>
> This is great news.  I'm extremely pleased to hear that Nano-X has
> come to the point that it can run such a sophisticated application...
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg

> Some statistics on the memory front... Peter and crew have
> almost completed a full-blown Mozilla port on Nano-X.
> (see the screenshots on the web page).  Anyway, here's
> what he as to say about the relative sizes of Mozilla running
> on X vs Nano-X:

Where? http://igelaus.com.au/ is empty and http://www.igelaus.com.au/ is
mostly "About IGEL Australia Sorry, nothing here yet."

//Björnen.