nanogui: Thread: Small screens ?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Small screens ?
From: Daniel Lucas-Hirtz ####@####.####
Date: 29 Nov 2000 13:41:49 -0000

Hello,

Is it possible to configure the window manager of the Microwindows PDA
Environment for a device with a smaller screen than a PDA ?
Do you intend to allow your PDA Environment to work for such smaller
devices ?
This configuration would not only consist of setting the actual screen
size, but also the kind of interaction might strongly differ. For this
kind of screen we might imagine the  window manager to
display every application window fullscreen without decoration, and to
forbid any window
overlapping - except for modal dialog windows.

Thank you,
Daniel Lucas-Hirtz.
The intention of the screentop is to work with many different devices.
Jason and Greg wrote the thing in such a way that it is easy
to make the program 100% configurable for many different looks and
feels.  I think that we have already gotten it running on 5 very
different devices thus far, so thats pretty good.

Jordan