nanogui: Thread: Can Nano-X display on remote X-term

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Can Nano-X display on remote X-term
From: Wojtek Skulski ####@####.####
Date: 14 Oct 2010 18:46:39 -0000

Hi:

   This may be a FAQ. I apologise if the answer is already written
somewhere.

Can Nano-X display on remote X-term, much like regular X would?

I have developed an embedded system without any sort of graphics or
keyboard. The board is running uCLinux. It has an ether interface. I would
like to run a graphical app and interact via x-term. Does nano-X support
such display?

If not, what are the alternatives to nano-X? I would rather not bring in
the full X-11 because my board may not have the resources.

Thank you,
Wojtek
if i remember right nano-X support some form of VNC server, but...
what's the benefit in having an X server on a display-less device?
Why don't you put a webserver on your board, and write your app as html pages?

L.

On 14/10/2010 20:46, Wojtek Skulski wrote:
> Hi:
>
> This may be a FAQ. I apologise if the answer is already written somewhere.
>
> Can Nano-X display on remote X-term, much like regular X would?
>
> I have developed an embedded system without any sort of graphics or
> keyboard. The board is running uCLinux. It has an ether interface. I
> would like to run a graphical app and interact via x-term. Does nano-X
> support such display?
>
> If not, what are the alternatives to nano-X? I would rather not bring in
> the full X-11 because my board may not have the resources.
>
> Thank you,
> Wojtek

*Luca  Santini*
//Elettronica di Sistema//

*SPES. S.c.p.a*
Via  Lamberto Corsi, 43
60044 Fabriano (AN)
tel. +39 0732 25291 diretto 0732 2529451
fax +39 0732 2529441
www.spesonline.com <http://www.spesonline.com>