newscache: Thread: Problem with updatenews on dev v1.1.8

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Problem with updatenews on dev v1.1.8
From: Russell Tweed ####@####.####
Date: 7 Jan 2003 09:31:15 -0000

Hi,

updatenews segfaults on startup under development version 1.1.8 of
newscache - strace shows this happening right after opening the file
$spool/.outgoing/status.

Any ideas what's causing this - or what else I can do to find out? :)

-Russell

Thank you for reporting this problem. I can reproduce this error. The error
is in CServer::postspooled with an uninitialized fdd File Pointer. This
error is intruduced with Version 1.1. It requires a review of this function
and a new release (no workaround).

Regards
Herbert