newscache: Thread: prefetch file

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: prefetch file
From: bill ####@####.####
Date: 25 Mar 2005 02:32:42 +0000

I have a quick question regarding the prefetch file - does newscache
automatically add subscribed newsgroups to this file, or is it necessary
to manually add them so they are fetched when updatenews runs?
What i am trying to get newscache to do is-
Fetch new headers for my subscribed groups about 4 times a day, running
as a cron job
I log onto the newscache machine from one of my other machines, and get
the new headers, then download the bodies that I want to read.

Thanks
Bill
No, the prefetch file have to create manually, but you can also grep the logfile and destilling the groups of interest and put it in the prefetch file.

I will place this request (automatic update of prefetch files) on the NewsCache Homepage.

Best Regards
Herbert Straub