plustek: Re: Epson 1250Photo Patches

Subject: Re: Epson 1250Photo Patches
From: Peter Much ####@####.####
Date: 30 Jul 2002 02:58:51 -0000

Hi Gerhard,

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 06:47:01PM +0200, Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:

! > Yes, this works now:
! >  * add the Capabilities for Transparency and Negative in the
! >    plustek-devs.c file for the device.
! >  * "Negative" does switch the lamp correctly, "Transparency" doesn't
! >    -> it is missing in usb_swichLamp()!
!
! Can you fix this?

Thats very trivial: You seem to just have forgotten to edit one of the
two instances of "Negative" into "Transparency".

! > My motor tends to walk BACKWARDS some lines or some inches in the
! > midst of a scan. Accordingly, the scan then contains duplicate
! > parts. This happens randomly, most often at 300 dpi, and gets
! > worse the warmer the machine is. Sometimes it is very difficult
! > to detect, as only few scanlines are duplicate, sometimes half of
! > the page is duplicated (and the other half missing). And sometimes
! > the machine locks up completely while the motor hums and the
! > lamp does not move.
! >
!
! The problem here is maybe the usb-uhci/uhci stuff try the alternative
! one as this has something to do with the transfer-rates!

Possibly, but there is against, that it is very temperature dependent.
Transfer rates shouldn't be, motor parameters might likely.

! To tweak the motor settings like PWM and the master clock divider,
! you have to wait a few days, then I will post the next version, which
! allows different settings for various DPI ranges (esp. register 56/57 -
! motor control)

Oh, cool! Now, currently I would be glad if I found an option where to
tune and change it to the better at all. I have to check once again with
windoof next, maybe it is indeed an assembly defect.

! Until then, I appreciate your help very much

I'm humbly impressed by Your engagement and supportiveness
  PMc