plustek: Thread: Code constants

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Code constants
From: Steve McGuire ####@####.####
Date: 5 Aug 2000 05:59:31 -0000

When I try to compile the plustek_driver, gcc reports that the following
named constants are not present:
	PARPORT_MODE_PCECR
	PARPORT_MODE_PCECPEPP
	PARPORT_MODE_PCECPPS2
	PARPORT_MODE_PCPS2
	PARPORT_MODE_PCEPP
	PARPORT_MODE_PCECR
When I checked out the source file that used these constants,(misc.c), I
saw that they are used as bitmasks. I have grep'ed through the .h and the
Linux parport code to find these constants, but have had no luck. I am
using glibc 2.1, RH6.2 base distribution, with the 2.4.0-test1 kernel

Thanks,
Steve McGuire
####@####.####

On Sat, 05 Aug 2000 06:03:47 GMT, Steve McGuire wrote:

>When I try to compile the plustek_driver, gcc reports that the following
>named constants are not present:
>	PARPORT_MODE_PCECR
>	PARPORT_MODE_PCECPEPP
>	PARPORT_MODE_PCECPPS2
>	PARPORT_MODE_PCPS2
>	PARPORT_MODE_PCEPP
>	PARPORT_MODE_PCECR
>When I checked out the source file that used these constants,(misc.c), I
>saw that they are used as bitmasks. I have grep'ed through the .h and the
>Linux parport code to find these constants, but have had no luck. I am
>using glibc 2.1, RH6.2 base distribution, with the 2.4.0-test1 kernel
>
>Thanks,
>Steve McGuire
####@####.####

Hi Steve,

AFAIK Kernel 2.4 should contain the parport code and also the needed
header-files. But to be shure I'm going to get the new sources tomorrow
at buisness, where I have a faster internet connection...

Gerhard

Upon examining 2.4.0-test1's /include/linux/parport.h, it seems that the
named constants have changed, dropping the PC out of the name.

Steve

On 8/6/00, 12:11:16 PM, ####@####.#### (G. Jaeger) wrote regarding
Re: Code constants: