plustek: Thread: hp 2100c help!

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: hp 2100c help!
From: ####@####.####
Date: 27 Dec 2002 21:23:49 -0000

I have a hp 2100c usb scanner. I tryed to load the module pt_drv.o, but
it expect the device /dev/pt_drv how we know. Now this is the question:"Has
it sense making a parallel port device for an usb scanner? In /etc/sane.d/plustek.conf
I used only the usb section:
[usb] 0x03f0 0x0505
 device /dev/usbscanner
Please help me!
P.S. I have a Mandrake 9.0

> I have a hp 2100c usb scanner. I tryed to load the module pt_drv.o, but
> it expect the device /dev/pt_drv how we know. Now this is the question:"Has
> it sense making a parallel port device for an usb scanner? In
> /etc/sane.d/plustek.conf I used only the usb section:
> [usb] 0x03f0 0x0505
>  device /dev/usbscanner
> Please help me!

No need to help here ;-)
Ignore pt_drv as this is only needed for parport devices...

Gerhard

> P.S. I have a Mandrake 9.0
>> I have a hp 2100c usb scanner. I tryed to load the module pt_drv.o, but
>> it expect the device /dev/pt_drv how we know. Now this is the question:"Has
>> it sense making a parallel port device for an usb scanner? In
>> /etc/sane.d/plustek.conf I used only the usb section:
>> [usb] 0x03f0 0x0505
>>  device /dev/usbscanner
>> Please help me!
>
>No need to help here ;-)
>Ignore pt_drv as this is only needed for parport devices...
>
>Gerhard
>
>> P.S. I have a Mandrake 9.0

The matter is no simple. When i try to load the module it return:
modprobe: insmod pt_drv failed
make : *** (load) Error 1
# dmesg return:
pt_drv : no device detected
Why the module expect the pt_drv device if I have configured only the usb
section of plustek.conf?
Please help me!

From: "Jaeger, Gerhard" ####@####.####
Date: 6 Jan 2003 19:54:42 -0000

On Saturday, 4. January 2003 16:07, ####@####.#### wrote:
[SNIP]
> The matter is no simple. When i try to load the module it return:
> modprobe: insmod pt_drv failed
> make : *** (load) Error 1
> # dmesg return:
> pt_drv : no device detected
> Why the module expect the pt_drv device if I have configured only the usb
> section of plustek.conf?
> Please help me!

IT IS SIMPLE ;-)
Do neither compile nor install pt_drv it is not needed.
Remove the parport stuff from plustek.conf and configure
only the usb stuff

Gerhard
From: ####@####.####
Date: 10 Jan 2003 20:08:53 -0000

Thanks so mutch boys,but I think my problem is called "autoconf.h".I have
a precompiled kernel in the Mandrake 9 so
I had no autoconf.h. Is there a way to obtain this file without compiling
and installing the kernel?

From: Gene Heskett ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jan 2003 00:38:09 -0000

From: "Jaeger, Gerhard" ####@####.####

>>To: ####@####.####
>>Subject: Re: hp 2100c help!
>>Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 20:48:47 +0100
>>

>>On Saturday, 4. January 2003 16:07, ####@####.#### wrote:
>>[SNIP]
>>
>>> The matter is no simple. When i try to load the module it
>>> return: modprobe: insmod pt_drv failed
>>> make : *** (load) Error 1
>>> # dmesg return:
>>> pt_drv : no device detected
>>> Why the module expect the pt_drv device if I have configured
>>> only the
>
>usb
>
>>> section of plustek.conf?
>>> Please help me!
>>
>>IT IS SIMPLE ;-)
>>Do neither compile nor install pt_drv it is not needed.
>>Remove the parport stuff from plustek.conf and configure
>>only the usb stuff
>>
>>Gerhard

>Thanks so mutch boys,but I think my problem is called
> "autoconf.h".I have a precompiled kernel in the Mandrake 9 so
>I had no autoconf.h. Is there a way to obtain this file without
> compiling and installing the kernel?

I just looked at several of the ones I have here, and it does appear
that its contents are directly related to the kernel build.  In
which case, you may find it in the kernel headers for that kernel
version.  If its not, then I'd expect you will have to learn how to
run a 'make xconfig' etc and build a new kernel.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
From: "Jaeger, Gerhard" ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jan 2003 11:39:21 -0000

Hi,

I'm not sure if I fight against windmills. Concerning your
HP2100C your problem is NOT the pt_drv driver
IT IS NOT NEEDED for USB devices.

If you need to compile other kernel modules, Mandrake should
deliver the autoconf they obtained during the kernel build process.
The manuals may show you the way.

Cheers
  Gerhard

[SNIP]