primax: Thread: Problem with primax_scan-0.93beta3 and Primax Colorado 1200p

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Problem with primax_scan-0.93beta3 and Primax Colorado 1200p
From: Chris Lee ####@####.####
Date: 15 May 2002 11:23:54 -0000

Hi. I just got a Primax Colorado 1200p scanner and discoverd that
primax_scan-0.93beta3 won't talk to it for some reason. Pxscan 0.41 sort
of works with it - I can turn the lamp on and off and other things, but
pxscan doesn't seem to support resolution over 300 (I think the
Colorado 1200p has a dpi of 600) and when I try scanning all I get is a
blank white image. This is what I get when I run pxscan version 0.41
using RedHat 7.2:

[root@moonshadow t]# pxscan -lon
Probing port 0378
    SPP port present
    PS/2 bidirectional port present
    EPP 1.9 with hardware direction protocol

ASIC: E3
scanner model reg= c
port_ctrl= C4

Can not identify this scanner. code: 03

                  ******************

When I try running primax_scan, this is what I get...

[root@moonshadow t]# primax_scan -lon

:-(
Scanner did not switch to EPP mode.....not compatible?
[root@moonshadow t]#

Is there something broken with the way primax_scan looks at the printer
port? Sure seems like it, otherwise pxscan would run into the same
problem that primax_scan is having which it's clearly not.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Chris