nanogui: Long time operation and events

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Long time operation and events
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 16 Jan 2002 16:22:10 -0000

It would be very helpful if we could get some profiling information on some
of the more intensive routines, in order to get a better idea of where the
problems lie.  I do know that we have a problem with virtually all of our
image drawing code (basically, just a bunch of for() loops).

Unless you need to draw transparent bits (from GIF, PNG or XPMs) or have to
stretch images on the fly, I would recommend that you draw all of your
images to a offscreen pixmap, and then blit them from there.  Until we get a
group of blitters in place to better handle images, this will be your best
bet.

Jordan

On Tuesday 15 January 2002 23:35, Jaster mentioned:
> If X server takes relativly long time to do something, say draw a picture,
> and during this time, client randomly moves mouse or clicks button, the
> cursor will not move or client will not receive DOWN|UP event until (It
> seems like) X server finishes its long time operation. After that, the
> events
 cilent receives seem not like the current event -- you move mouse