gnupic: Re: [gnupic] USB programmer

Subject: Re: [gnupic] USB programmer
From: Tamas Rudnai ####@####.####
Date: 10 Jun 2009 13:32:26 -0000

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 2:20 PM, ####@####.#### wrote:

> I am very new to pic programming, but am very excited to learn! I have been
> looking for a USB powered pic programmer that will run on my laptop, which
> currently has Fedora Core 7. There are several options, but before I pull
> the trigger I'd like to hear from someone who has had success with this.

I think PICkit2 is a good choice and there is a command line tool for Linux
for that -- I use it with VirtualBox/WinXP instead as then I can use it with
MPLAB with debug features as well.

The official website for that is:
http://www.microchip.com/pickit2

You can even build a clone by yourself like:
http://www.mcuhobby.com/articles.php?article_id=7

Cheers,
Tamas