gnupic: Looking for suggestions on adding enhanced 16F instructions to gpsim

Subject: Re: Looking for suggestions on adding enhanced 16F instructions to gpsim
From: "Scott Dattalo" ####@####.####
Date: 9 Jan 2011 16:32:54 -0000

On 1/9/2011 8:17 AM, Byron Jeff wrote:

> - Finally I did come across a post in the gpsim development mailing list,
>   which on second thought is where my query should have gone in the first
>   place, that describes the process of adding new processors to the
>   simulator. For posterity it can be found here:
>
>   http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=19542298

I keep wanting to get back to gpsim, but life seems to get in the way...

Adding new instructions is relatively straight forward. Sometimes the
intricacies of the interaction between the processor registers can make
testing and validation challenging. So the hard part is creating thorough
regression tests.

Scott