nanogui: How display simple Chinese use nano-X api?

Subject: Re: [nanogui] How display simple Chinese use nano-X api?
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 6 Dec 2005 20:51:00 +0000

>      I use microwindows-0.91 and nano-x api to test t1demo.c, but can't
display correctly simple Chinese, big5 is OK,
>   HAVE_HZK_SUPPORT N    #if Y, files hzx12 & asc12 will be loaded
> HAVE_BIG5_SUPPORT N
> HAVE_GB2312_SUPPORT Y
>   I modify #define HZKBIG5  1 to 0, the screen is show bad code,

These defines are now obsolete, they use the older
method of having chinese font files linked in or
in non-standard external format, along with specialized
text input conversion routines that don't allow
multiple choices.

>and I can't find MWTF_DBCS_GB define, it was be deleted? I test with
MWTF_DBCS_EUCCN, but display error code, I should use what methods to
display simple chinese?

The MWTF_DBCS_xxx defines are used to specify text input
format, not the font file.  The recommended method
of displaying chinese is to convert a unicode chinese
.bdf file of your choosing to .fnt or .pcf format,
load it using GrCreateFont, and then output text
using the format specified with MWTF_DBCS_xxx using
the GrText call.  The DBCS_GB is named DBCS_GB2312.