nanogui: Transparent window with Nano-X

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Transparent window with Nano-X
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 8 Dec 2005 20:28:19 +0000

> Top Box (STB) where I want the transparency over the video plane. A STB
> generally contains three planes, namely - video plane, graphics plane
> and cursor plane. So I think if I run the 'malpha' demo program on a STB
> it will be displayed on Graphics plane. Now my question is that if I
> want to show the Video plane through the Graphics plane do I need to add
> some extra code to 'malpha' or the transparency of the Graphics plane
> over the Video plane is automatically handled by the Video/Graphics
> driver of STB ?

All hardware transparency will have to be specially handled
by your application code, by talking to the STB video/graphics
driver.  Nano-X will only draw on the graphics plane, and
knows nothing about other hardware planes.  When a window
receives an exposure message, then you'll likely want to
set parameters for the STB video plane.