nanogui: Images not drawn (FLTK+nxlib app with nano-X)

Subject: Images not drawn (FLTK+nxlib app with nano-X)
From: "Martin Kajdas" ####@####.####
Date: 17 Jan 2006 19:08:55 +0000

This is a new thread which I believe is related to 'Font usage/setup' problem described by me previously.

The scenario is the same, I am running a FLTK app linked with nxlib with nano-X server.
The app works CORRECTLY with X11 server on the same machine.
The problem is that most of my images (mostly 32x32 icons) are not drawn/shown at all.
Some images are being loaded from files but most are statically stored in arrays (FLTK loads them and puts them into code during code generation).
There is one image that shows up correctly and one that is almost right (there is some color issue that is not exactly right but I will get to that another time).

When I checked the foreground/background values, they were both zero which I already discovered do not work properly when drawing fonts.
After I changed the foreground color to 1, there was no change; still no images.
This makes sense to me because the foreground/background values should not be used when drawing images because it should be a straight memory copy from an image array to frame buffer (with some conversions).

My belief is that the images are either drawn transparent or not drawn at all but what would decide why some images are drawn and some are not?

I will get deeper into the drawing code of nxlib/nano-X to solve this but before I do that I would like to ask:
Does anybody has any suggestions or experiences with image drawing with nxlib/nano-X?

By the way, the rest of the app draws everything else (not images) correctly, but I think it uses lines and points to draw.

Martin