nanogui: VNC Server for Nanox

Subject: Re: [nanogui] VNC Server for Nanox
From: Pete Klemm ####@####.####
Date: 7 Feb 2006 05:02:07 +0000

Almost have the VNC server working!

I am using the latest CVS source for Nano-X and had to get the latest
libvncserver as
the the RFB (remote frame buffer) member deferPtrUpdateTime was added after
version 0.7.1.

I can now start a TightVNC client session on my PC and display and
interact with the
embedded linux system.

My only problems are:

    1 - The colors are bad. I use a custom pallette to give me more
shades of blues
        and grays to make my GUI look nice but I am using 565 color
mapping and
        this does not translate well to true color. Anyone have any
hints here?
        I believe rfbServerFormat.trueColour needs to be set to FALSE
and the
        rfbColourMap structure needs to be initialized with my pallette.

    2 - I also notice that if screen updates from my application stop
the VNC client
        closes after about 20 seconds of inactivity. I have several
screens that are
        static which do not update and that causes problems.

One good aspect of the TightVNC client is that I can scale the 320x240
pixel window
to a 640x480 window which makes it much easier to see on my 1248x1024
screen on my
PC.

Thanks for the help so far!

Pete