nanogui: jpeg show

Subject: RE: [nanogui] ??: Re: [nanogui] jpeg show
From: "Martin Kajdas" ####@####.####
Date: 17 Feb 2006 16:11:54 +0000

I believe I have a similar problem with PNG images using TRUECOLOR565 on PC with VGA.
I do not think this has anything to do with PNG or JPEG but with conversions in nxutil.c::GrNewBitmapFromData() or somewhere in the area.

My problem is that my images (icons) have black edges and the background is transparent and the shown picture is correct except I get some extra or missing (I did not check which yet) black pixels at the image edges. I guess, with other color schemes the black pixels could be white.
Most of the time the problem is on the alternating scan lines and looks like this:

where '_' is background, 'x' is black part of image, '+' is other image data.
As you can see, the image is correctly lined up but the edges are wrong.
Could it be that the clipping rectangles for the scan lines are calculated wrong (sometimes off by one pixel)?

I was going to report this but I did not get to this problem yet.
I was fixing the: "[nanogui] Images not drawn (FLTK+nxlib app with nano-X)" bug.

Martin