nanogui: Panning and double buffering

Subject: Panning and double buffering
From: llandre ####@####.####
Date: 21 Apr 2006 11:49:35 +0100

Hi all,

I'm running Microwindows on a ARM9-based embedded system running Linux
2.6. The framebuffer driver supports the ioctl required to handle panning.
I use microwindows to show some full-screen bitmaps and to handle user
input. When changing from one bitmap to another the LCD flickers because
it takes a while to paint the new image in memory. I'd like to exploit
panning ioctl to avoid this. In other words the new bitmap should be put
on a second buffer and, after this opearation has completed, application
code should change framebuffer pointer with the aforementioned ioctl (I
have already tested this technique with a simple non-microwindows
application and it works fine because the graphics controller
automatically makes the pointer change effective at the beginning of
next frame).

Does microwindows already support this feature? If not, anybody can
provide some help about how to add it?

TIA,
llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave-tech.it