nanogui: a process of how to display new-added font file in detail

Subject: Re: [nanogui] a process of how to display new-added font file in detail
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 29 May 2006 01:46:04 +0100

:     Thank you for your reply in this maillist constantly. But have red a
lot of your answers on display new added chinese font files ,such as GBK
gbk-xke16.fnt or gbk-xke16.bdf, I still very puzzle with it since I don't
understand how to set the wmtf_dbcs_* flags. Which file does the flag in?
And how to set it instead of set the HAVE_GB_support ,etc.
:      Would you please give me a process in detail? For all the freshmen to
Micorowindows, it seems very necessary, and thank you again for your
warm-hearted help!
:

I recommend that you don't use anything other than
UTF8 or UC16 encoding for your text.  Then, you can
use any BDF font for chinese, in either PCF or FNT
format.  Things should work fine in that manner.
The older code you're asking about is obsolete, and
more complicated than it should be, since it was
added before the unicode PCF and FNT support.