nanogui: how to correct hzx12 chinese font

Subject: Re: [nanogui] how to correct hzx12 chinese font
From: "Alan Chuang" ####@####.####
Date: 10 Aug 2006 08:22:39 +0100

Dear Greg:
            I did look at the big5font.c file as well as trying to edit the
hzx12 using some of the font editors I can find. The hzx12 doesn't seem to
fall into any of the standard formats and it is also difficult to try
to update the big5font.c file.
           What I finally did is switching to pcf font as you have also
suggested. I found one chinese pcf font on the net. Since it is Unicoded and
I need big-5 encoding, I used fontforge to change the encoding to big5 and
save it as bdf file. I then used the bdftopcf utility to convert it into pcf
file. One change I did need to change in my program is to use the
MWTF_DBCS_BIG5 flag instead of GR_TFASCII when calling the GrText function.

I will be happy to send this new pcf file to anyone who is interested in
using it.

regards,
Alan