nanogui: GsHandleClient request too large

Subject: Re: [nanogui] GsHandleClient request too large
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 6 Dec 2006 23:04:58 +0000

:  >> GsHandleClient request too large: 12320684 > 30000

: I have two threads, one that write the screen with the nano-x functions
: ( like GrArea, GrFill, etc. ), one that calls the
: GrCheckNextEvent() to catch the events and release the messages.
: I seems that if i add more calls ( ex. GrArea ) before calling the
: GrCheckNextEvent  the system give that error. I have to make these calls.
: I have also try to add GrFlush after every GrArea calls but never change.

Roberto -

The error above hasn't to do with whether or not you
cal GrCheckNextEvent.  It has to do with the maximum
allowed data packet the server can receive.  As
shown, you are above the max.  You need to debug
and find which function the server is executing when it
gives that error.  You can un-comment a printf()
in the GsHandleClient function to find this out.  We
can then work on a solution.

If your applications/multiple threads issue causes
different requests to be created as a result of timing,
then there is that much more complexity to debug.

The GrArea routines sends data from the server to the
client, and shouldn't be the cause of the error.