nanogui: VTSWITCH vs. Timers vs. Sleep Mode

Subject: Re: [nanogui] VTSWITCH vs. Timers vs. Sleep Mode
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 6 Dec 2006 23:30:33 +0000

> GdAddTimer(50, CheckVtChange, NULL)
>  This means, AS I UNDERSTAND IT, that
Nano-X will not check for VT changes on a regular basis and I'm hoping
that his is OK!

Yes, that should be OK.

> With this change in place, my GrEventGetNextTimeout() appears to work
and the hardware does enter sleep mode when I command it to do so.

Likely the reason you needed VTSWITCH=Y in the first
place has to do with it catching the SIGUSR1 signal.  There's
nothing else in the vtswitch code doing anything funny,
is there?

> I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have not introduced some anomaly
that's going to come back to bite me when the planets align on the
second Tuesday in February.  ;-)

It would be interesting to learn why the vtswitch code is
required for your sleep mode.  Otherwise, you know how
programs are, one Tuesday the stars may align without
your permission...  I think you're fix will work for the
long term, however.