nanogui: FLTK colours fubar'd?

Subject: Re: [nanogui] FLTK colours fubar'd?
From: "Warren Seymour" ####@####.####
Date: 9 Dec 2006 13:00:05 +0000

Thanks for the feedback Greg- upon further inspection (ie a twelve-hour
session) I have ascertained that I'll need to play with the RGB masks in
XOpenDisplay- they need to be set for whatever pixel format I'm using. The
problem was that my framebuffer starts in 8-bit paletted mode by default.
Unforunately I can't use RGBA 8880 because my framebuffer doesn't support
32bpp. It does support 5650, but my evaluation board incorrectly decodes
this format to Analogue VGA, resulting in all colours being blue-shifted.
I'm guessing it will work correctly when I hook up an LCD panel; but
unfortunately the components I've ordered won't arrive for another month or
so.

6666 (with the upper 6-bits ignored) works great with the 'pbmtofb' test
program I've found, but unfortunately Nano-X doesn't support this colour
mode. It looks like I'm going to have to add this driver to Nano-X myself.
If it all works nicely I'll submit it to you for inspection.

As for endian-ness, it's little endian, so fingers crossed that isn't an
issue.

Just your replies let me know this project is far from dead, which I am very
grateful for.

Regards,
Warren.