nanogui: Problem While Using Freetype2 Support

Subject: Problem While Using Freetype2 Support
From: "pratish ganguly" ####@####.####
Date: 2 Jan 2007 06:55:47 +0000

Dear All

In recent times , I have been trying to use freetype2 support for the
applications in Nano-X.
I have installed freetype2.2.1 .
Initially I was having problems in compiling Nano-X as  I was getting error
in  the file engine/font_freetype2.c that the structure MWFREETYPE2FONT had
no member named font.

Then I searched and found the following patch on the net ...

http://avr32linux.org/twiki/pub/Main/Nano-X/microwindows-0.91-avr32.patch

As I applied this patch , I could compile the source code , but the output
on the frame buffer console is highly distorted.

The problems occurred were as follows :

1.   No mouse pointer appears on the screen though I am using serial mouse (
it was displayed previously).
2.   A square block appears wherever the mouse pointer is supposed to be
shown.
3.   The fontdemo.sh demo function displays all the alphabets in square
boxes ( i.e. it is unable to display the font  properly).
4.   The display is not redrawn properly . So the image starts to display
the background text which should not be displayed otherwise.

Am I missing something here ?

Please suggest me some pointers to the solution of the above problem.

Thanks and Regards.

Pratish Ganguly