nanogui: Trouble with fonts.

Subject: Trouble with fonts.
From: Mira Rezek ####@####.####
Date: 23 Jan 2007 01:51:14 +0000

Hello everyone,

we are running microwindows (in framebuffer) on a arm based single
board computer. Since I simply did not manage to crosscompile the ttf
fonts library for arm, I am left with having to use bitmap fonts for
this project. I managed to convert some bdf fonts from debian to fnt
and use them as I normally would the ttf. (except of course have to
have 1 file per size ..)  - I place the fnt file into a directory and
then in my code I simply say for instance:
#define FONTNAME "./fonts/helB12.fnt"
#define FONTSIZE 12
font_id = GrCreateFont( FOTNAME, FONTSIZE, NULL)

which seems to work fine.
The problem is that I need to use a "huge" font - say height 100.
There are no bdf fonts in these sizes to be found, I can create one
using a windows based tool (FONMaker) but the bdf->fnt conversion
using convbdf fails on it due to missing FONT_ASCENT and FONT_DESCENT
in the bdf file.
So the questions are:
1. Where can I download (free or not) huge bdf fonts?
2. Is there any other way to convert to fnt then using the convbdf tool?
3. How to do I figure what is FONT_ASCENT FONT_DESCENT for a
particular font?
4. Would it be easier to use .c files for fonts? If so how do I get
them from my code? I managed to compile a few but don't seem to be
able to load those from my app.

Any help would be appreciated ..

Thanks,
Mira