nanogui: NanoX hangs on on PXA

Subject: NanoX hangs on on PXA
From: riccardo ventrella ####@####.####
Date: 3 Apr 2007 10:49:04 +0100

Hi,
I'm using NanoX crosscompiled for targeting a PXA255. I inherited an already made toolchain which let me experiment with my APP on Debian on my notebook and then to crosscompile and debug with a Lauterbach on the PXA board.
I've recompiled many times NanoX on Debian, changing many parameters and all went OK. Now I've tried to re-crosscompile my NanoX on PXA, disabling some parameters I don't use with this APP.
Specifically:

1) I've moved the NATIVE to ARM.-LINUX ( of course )
2) removed the JPEG and FONT support ( I do all directly with bitmaps )
3) moved the X11 support ( NATIVE ) to Frame Buffer, 'cause on my board distro there isn't a X11 support
4) removed any keyboard support. Actually I use pipe for passing some suitable strings to my APPS, named keyboard.

The compile is fine with these settings, no problems, After that I crosscompile my app, linking it with the new crosscompiled lib.

The problem arise when I try to run my app. I type on bash:

./nano-X & ./MyApp

The system tells:

keyboard not found ( I guess this is true, but I've disabled all keyboard support ... )
nxclient: waiting to connect attempt 1
nxclient: waiting to connect attempt 2

I've tried many parameters in xconfigure, or directly editing the config file, but no changes appeared.

Please, have you faced the problem in using this lib? May I have to enable X11 support back, crosscompiling X11 on the board ( I hope not ).

Thanx in advance for your precious support

Ricky

L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail:
http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html