nanogui: Building my own examples

Subject: Building my own examples
From: "Edward King" ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jun 2007 01:07:55 +0100

I finally got Nano-X to compile by removing the ttf (1 and 2) stuff from the config file. Thats a shame really, because it would be nice to use TTF's.

Anyway, after playing around with the demos (some of which work, some dont, but I'll look into that later on) I decided to have a crack at throwing together my own test. Basically just start up the graphics server and display 1 blank window and when you click on the window, the program exits. Nothing fancy. My implementation of nano-x is going to be sdi with dialog boxes anyway; very basic.

I started out with the example program from the "programming tutorial" document from the website. However it wont work. I wont bother listing all the errors because some of them I can work out for myself.

The thing that I find odd though is that in the example in the programming tutorial, only two includes are specified (stdio.h and graphics.h) yet in the other demos, nano-X.h and stdlib.h are required.

Is this just a case of out of date documentation (and if so, should I be using the other demos as a template for testing) or is this the base usage appropriate for what Im trying to do?

Regards

EK