nanogui: Microwindows/Nano-X version 0.87pre1 released

Subject: RE: Microwindows/Nano-X version 0.87pre1 released
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 2 Dec 1999 19:51:46 -0000

:     Alan> That kills you on a network or a client hang at the wrong
:     Alan> moment.
:
: I would argue that this may not be acceptable.  In addition to being
: small and fast, I think one of our design goals should be that it is
: robust.  And when I say robust, I mean so robust that I could
: comfortably use it for my avionics.  When my GPS reciever locks up
: (happened to me recently), it should not lock up the entire
: multifunction display.

I agree.  It's just more coding.  The previous implementation of
client/server
networking for Nano-X didn't support async reading/writing either.  I'm
happy
to add all this, but the code size will just get bigger and bigger, and the
semantics of exactly how the tcp subsystem work and what errnos
are returned etc start becoming more important.  My initial idea
was to rip all this out of the tested Xlib implementation, but if you look
at it, it's damn near as big as all of Nano-X itself.