nanogui: Building my own examples

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Building my own examples
From: "Edward King" ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jun 2007 14:13:05 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
To: "Edward King" ####@####.#### ####@####.####
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:43 AM

>> I finally got Nano-X to compile by removing the ttf (1 and 2) stuff from
> the config file. Thats a shame really, because it would be nice to use
> TTF's.
>
> Well, all you have to do is install freetype and you'll have TTFs.

Yes, I actually cant get freetype to build. Thats something else I have to
look into!
Perhaps its because Im using Slackware and the freetype website seems to
imply everything is geared towards redhat or debian?

>> The thing that I find odd though is that in the example in the
>> programming
> tutorial, only two includes are specified (stdio.h and graphics.h) yet in
> the other demos, nano-X.h and stdlib.h are required.
>
> No, that's not odd, its design.  The whole idea is to use only the
> standard
> C header file stdio.h and microwindows' only public header file nano-X.h.

No, I meant that its odd that in the programming tutorial graphics.h is
specified, but in the demos in the source directory, nano-X.h is specified.
Is the use of graphics.h no longer the way to do things?