nanogui: nanox double buffering

Subject: RE: [nanogui] Re: nanox double buffering
From: Junior ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jun 2007 19:58:33 +0100

>> Just an addition, alternatively, is there a mechanism where I can blit
>> a changes region or the difference from one buffer to another?
>
> I think your problems are with the implementation of the
> FBIOPAN_DISPLAY, which is beyond the realm of microwindows.  are things
> less flickery if you use GrCopyArea()?

Actually, no. That's why I went to double buffering.
I still have this problem and this a bit unusual.
I believe there is a bug somewhere in this package and I've been trying to
track it down. So far I'm not there yet.
The "flicker" only happends when I use the GrFillRect call. This should be done
on my offscreen pixmap and my traces through the main aread show that it does,
but for some reason, which I struggling to explain, using this function call
causes these lines on the screen.

I first tried this with manipulating a pixmap then do a GrCopyArea, but I see it.
I do double buffering and it's much less aparent but it's still there. If I take away
the nanox package and write directly to my fb0 device, it's not there.
I'm trying to understand the package API internal as I pursue this.
If anyone have any ideas I would love to hear them.

Thanks,
--Jr.