nanogui: X11 works well

Subject: RE: X11 works well
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 3 Dec 1999 18:33:53 -0000

: I just got the X11 version of uwin to compile and it works quite nicely.
: Well done.

Thanks.  And thank Tony Rogvall for writing the driver.

:
: I haven't been able to get the mterm demo to work properly, is that
: being worked on or is there a problem with it ?

I didn't test mterm with the latest 0.87 cut.  It depends on pseudo
tty0 to be available, and IIRC, there was a bug in the nano-X version
when I tried it under X11, which uses pseudo tty0.  So, you probably
need to change the line in mterm.c, function CreatePtyShell():

	if((errno == EBUSY) && (n < 3))

	if((errno == EBUSY || errno == EIO) && (n < 10))

This allows microwindows to try up to 10 pty's, and also fixes an
undocumented
return value for pty's open fails, EIO.

:
: I'll see if I can work out the API and get some bits and pieces going.

I think the above will fix your problem.

:
: It's mentioned somewhere that the API is windows compatible... Could I
: just clarify that,  I remember reading somewhere that it was WinCE API
: compatible. If you could let me know that would be great.

The Microwindows API is almost 100% Win32 compatible, for what's
implemented.  I use some tricks in the <windows.h> structures, in
that Microwindows system data is carried around at the end of
the standard structures, so that separate internal structures aren't
necessary.  This still will compile any user code with no changes, though.
Any non-Win32 compatible function that's been added starts with WndXXX,
for namespace issues.  For instance, WndSetDesktopWallpaper().

Since Microwindows only currently attempts to implement graphics
api's, Microwindows is also WinCE compatible, since almost every
WinCE graphics entry point is a subset of Win32.  The only exception
now is LineToEx in Win32 is PolyLine in WinCE.  I've been planning
on handling that, but haven't got around to it yet.