nanogui: Interfacing problem: How do I connect my touchscreen driver to nano-X?

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Interfacing problem: How do I connect my touchscreen driver to nano-X?
From: Robin Clark ####@####.####
Date: 4 Jul 2007 09:26:53 +0100

Look for where the mouse driver is read from in the gui you are using.
Then use your driver to send the 'C' stucture for X,Y and P (pressure)
back up to nano-X.

You may have to decide when an end of press has occurred, and send back a P==0
packet to indicate a 'release' event (which most nano-X widgets respond to anyway).

And dont forget to allow the touch screen to settle. The first few milliseconds will always
be wrong in a press because of capacitive effects in the touchscreen and wiring to it.

The readings are pretty noisy anyway and you need to average what you consider to be 'good' or consistent
presses (perhaps 10 to every one sent up). This averaging should be done in the driver.
Nano X does some of its own averaging on what it gets too.

Also the raw adc readings from the 7846 need to be translated into screen coordinates. Look at
nxcal (it also irons out distortions to a certain extent). This builds a simultaneous equation
solver matrix and applies it to the raw ADC readings to give you screen coordinates. Nano-X
does this so your driver only needs to send the raw readings.
nxcal can also 'flip' the screen for you.

Robin