nanogui: Problem using little-endian video chip on big-endian bus

Subject: Problem using little-endian video chip on big-endian bus
From: Peter Barada ####@####.####
Date: 16 Aug 2007 15:59:22 +0100

I've been trying to adapt nano-X to a board with a little-endian
grpahics chip on a big-endian processor.

I've tweaked fblin16.c to add in the extra code to deal with the
endianess issue, but I'm runnig into problems with Blits used to both
read from(CopyArea), and write to the screen memory due to the endian
and access issues (screen memory only accessible via 32-bit
read/write, even pixels in most significant short of 32-bit, odd
pixels in least significant short).

Would it be better to modify the code when it creates a pixmap to
replace the read/draw entries with ones that draw normally and leave
the screen read/draw entries to handle the 32-bit access and endian
correction?

Has anyone run into this type of problem before?
--
Peter Barada