nanogui: Touch screen issues

Subject: RE: [nanogui] Touch screen issues
From: "David Leake" ####@####.####
Date: 10 Sep 2007 21:05:08 +0100

> Can you explain a bit more about how it is that the system or user
determines that a new calibration is needed, and then effected?

The user will determine when they want to recalibrate the screen.
The Fltk Application will then execute the calibration sequence and
store the new calibration data.

> I'm not sure what you mean "reload the mouse driver."  The driver is
statically linked, so its already loaded.  Do you mean reload the mouse
calibration data?

At this time it appears we need to close and reopen the handle to the
linux touchscreen driver by calling GdMouseClose and then GdMouseOpen.
The new calibration values would then be used.

At the moment we can get upto storing the calibration data but, we have
to exit and restart the app for the calibration to become effective.

We are running with NONETWORK defined.

I have two simple functions that I have started with.
One allows the FLTK application to set a flag in nano-x to indicate the
mouse needs to be reconfigured.

The other function calls GrUnRegisterInput(mouse_fd), GdCloseMouse,
GdOpenMouse, and then GrRegisterInput(mouse_fd).

Just trying to see where a good place to check for the flag would be.

Dave Leake