nanogui: About freetype font

Subject: About freetype font
From: "max xiayi" ####@####.####
Date: 25 Oct 2007 13:49:26 +0100

Hi Every one,

I have some questions about freetype font, could anyone help to answer them?
Thanks a lot in advance.

1. I found that in font_freetype.c, the final step in drawchar is to call
GdArea to do the final draw job. My question is that in GdArea, the bitmap
is derived from TT_Get_Glyph_Bitmap, if in my embedded linux environment,
the color depth is 16 bit, how can freetype library get correct bitmap based
on current color depth? Do I need do something or microwindow has done for
us or never need to consider it?

2. Does the freetype library has any requirement on ttf file, can I in my
embedded linux environment use ttf file from windows?

3. I do

HAVE_FREETYPE_SUPPORT    = Y
INCFTLIB                 = $(DEFAULT_INC_PATH)
LIBFTLIB                 = $(DEFAULT_LIB_PATH)/libttf.a
FREETYPE_FONT_DIR        = "fonts/truetype"

in config, and port freetype 1.3.1 to my embedded linux, and copy some fonts
to fonts/truetype folder, and then in my embedded linux, I run fontdemo
program, from the debug message, the font is created successfully, but I can
not see anything, but if I use buildin font, I can see the text on LCD
screen. I then try freetype 2.0.9, the same result as 1.3.1 Anybody know
why?

4. I found that freetype 1.3.1 is not so straitforward to be cross compiled,
anyone can paste their compling steps?