nanogui: Japanese Conversion(Shift JIS to UTF 8)

Subject: Japanese Conversion(Shift JIS to UTF 8)
From: "Prashanth Dwarakanath" ####@####.####
Date: 2 Nov 2007 06:07:14 +0000

Hi All,

I am trying to find out a way to convert a given Japanese string (In Shift JIS format) to UTF 8 format. The said Japanese string is
places in a text file which I have to read & convert into UTF 8 format for displaying on the TV using the frame buffer.

Could anybody tell me how to do this conversion?(I searched the internet but failed to get there)  Or if anybody has already done this... could they share the code sample with us please... Or any direction would also be helpful.

We have already configured nano-X for displaying Japaneses in UFT 8 format using freetype libraries and are able to display Japaneses text with GR_TFUTF8 flag in GrText API with the use of ipam.ttf & ipgui.ttf.

The problem is that the given Japanese text in the text file is in Shift JIS format. How do I convert this to UTF 8 format?

We are using a bf -561 with uClinux on it.

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thank You,

Prashanth.D