nanogui: Good "minimalist" Linux distro for FB stuff?

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Good "minimalist" Linux distro for FB stuff?
From: Laine Walker-Avina ####@####.####
Date: 1 Apr 2008 00:27:44 -0000

Kris Adcock wrote:
 > Good evening all!
 >
 > Does anyone here have comments about good (or bad) minimalist Linux distros,
on which to intall a Framebuffer-configured Nano-X project? I want to build a
mini-ATX Linux box on which will run my Framebuffer-based project, and I want to
have the install as trimmed-down as possible (I just need Framebuffer and
network support, really). To begin with it'll be installed on one of those
"flash" IDE units (that hold 512MB) but I'm hoping longer-term to build a PXE
image for network transfer.

 > I /could/ fight with my usual choice of distro (SuSE) and see what I can
strip out to get it down to a sensible size ... but I figure that this must be a
task that others here have battled with.