nanogui: FONT COLOR CONVERSION FROM RGB TO YUV

Subject: FONT COLOR CONVERSION FROM RGB TO YUV
From: "Prashanth Dwarakanath" ####@####.####
Date: 22 May 2008 04:50:46 -0000

Hi All,

We have implemented a font application in microwindows and the same is functioning to our requirements. However, there has been a change in the hardware used by us recently. We were earlier using a RGB based Video decoder chip and now due to some unavoidable circumstances we have changed the video decoder chip to a YUV based one.

When I run the font application now, the font is definitely displayed but  in some weird color. I understand that Microwindows uses RGB values and calculates the pixel values for colors to be displayed.

Since my H/W is Analog Devices Blackfin-561 processor, I enquired with them and they helped us with a RGB2YUV converter API.

I wanted to know as to where this API needs to be inserted in the Microwindows source? We are using freetype 1 libraries for Japanese language display.

I was thinking of passing the RGB values to the RGB2YUV API which outputs the YUV data for color. This could be used just before drawing  the font on the Frame buffer.

I went through the code in /drivers/scr_fb.c but am not able to make out where this RGB2YUV conversion could be used.

Kindly guide us on the above. Also please let us know if any further details are required by you.

Thank You,
Prashanth.D