nanogui: Shaky display

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Shaky display
From: Misbahullah Khan ####@####.####
Date: 13 Jun 2008 09:53:52 -0000

Hi Greg ,

Even if i am accesseing the data RAM asynchronously there should not be
any flickering at the display
this is what the data sheet ( SPLC501C )says. Hence i assume that even i
do access asynchronously
the controller should refresh  and hence flickering should never happen at
the display.

>This looks like an interlaced scan issue or something like that...

>when the screen is not physically refreshing?

Screen should be refreshed by the controller always. when do you think
that the
screen should not be refreshing??

Even if the data is written wrong due to inappropiate timing while
writing, the screen should be refreshed at the next time and the user the
should never see the data getting corrupted on the display.

Could you please explain me how interlaced issue is related which you have
mentioned earlier ????

 Thanks & Regards,
 Misbah
_____________________________________
  EmSyS Division,
  Larsen & Toubro Limited,
  KIADB indusrial area, Hebbal,Hootagalli.
  Mysore,
  India 570018
  Phone: 08212405398  Extn: 5172
_____________________________________

This mail is classified as :
(  ) L&T EmSyS Proprietary
(  ) L&T EmSyS Confidential
(  ) L&T EmSyS Internal Use
(  ) L&T EmSyS General Business

"Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
06/12/2008 09:17 PM
Please respond to
"Greg Haerr" ####@####.####

"Misbahullah Khan" ####@####.####
cc
Subject
Re: [nanogui] Shaky display

This looks like an interlaced scan issue or something like that...
Could it be you need to draw the screen memory only during certain
times, e.g. when the screen is not physically refreshing?

Perhaps you need to wait for a vertical sync?