nanogui: Nano-X and win32

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Nano-X and win32
From: "Cedric Lescop" ####@####.####
Date: 2 Jul 2008 11:11:52 -0000

Thank you very much for helping me, I think I understand now :)
Basically, if you want to compile, everything depends on our compiler and
especially its C library. So, it doesn't matter if you're develloping under
MS Windows or Linux if your compiler has the appropriate libraries. I guess
"unistd.h" uses Linux properties, so if I want to compile for MS Windows I
have to write my own "unistd.h" which uses MS Windows properties instead.

Well, I'll do what you said, comment out header files and see if I can
figure out how to solve the errors. I'll start with the srvmain.c. I'll
"remove" its communication part and might make a call to an empty client
function.

Under MS Windows, I think we could use process for the client and server
communicating through unnamed pipes... But since I don't want to use any OS
on my ARM board, I think I could use threads...(if they don't require OS)
 I'll see what I can do.

I'm sure it's going to be fun, thanks again for your time,

Cedric

PS: Greg, hope you didn't lose it, "old" is not "bad" ^^