nanogui: first experiments: problems

Subject: Re: [nanogui] first experiments: problems
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 15 Aug 2008 23:01:21 -0000

> > These usually happen because the above X11 library entrypoints
> > (XParseColor) aren't defined in NXLIB.  The stubs.c
> > file is useful in these cases.  However, in this particular case,
> there's a library issue, since XParseColor is implemented in
> > NXLIB.
> >

> However, this happens when I try to use flnx, not nxlib. Where can I find
> stubs.c?

Oh.  FLNX has nothing to do with NXLIB, it calls nano-X directly.
I don't recommend using FLNX, its very old, and limited to a
very old version of FLTK.

stubs.c is in NXLIB, but that's not an issue here since you're not using it.

> > The keyboard map may need to be changed in NXLIB.  NXLIB
> > is forced to use an X11 style scancode oriented keymap,
> > which may be incorrect for your system.  Make sure you're
> > running TTYSCAN=Y in nano-X config.
>
> You mean TTYKBD=Y, right? Both TTYKBD=Y and SCANKBD=Y are set. I also
tried
> TTYKBD=Y and SCANKBD=N. By the way, what do they mean? Are they mutually
> exclusive?

They are mutually exclusive.  Set only SCANKBD=Y, that will configure
nano-X to return scancodes, which X11 requires.  TTYKBD is
an ASCII only very basic kbd driver.

> Anyway, nothing worked out. How can I change the keymap? I tried modifying
> nxlib/keysymdef.h to no success...

Likely cause you're not running SCANKBD.  You may need to
look into the scancodes returned by nano-X in a debug session.

> I am using the snapshot and the problem persists. HAVE_PCFGZ_SUPPORT=Y
> makes Nano-X segfault in that test case.

We'll need a stack backtrace in order to debug.  I've received many
different, incompatible patches for the PCF driver.  Perhaps uncompress
the fonts and just run PCF_SUPPORT to see whether its related
to compression.