nanogui: VNC-Server

Subject: Re: [nanogui] VNC-Server
From: Yan Seiner ####@####.####
Date: 5 Sep 2008 12:12:06 -0000

On Friday 05 September 2008 01:27:46 am Michael Schnell wrote:
> Hi nanogui Experts,
>
> I'm using uCLinux on a NIOS processor.
>
> At the moment I'm testing this on a NEEK Devkit board I  bought from
> Altera. Same features a nice Touchscreen LCD, PS2-socket, Ethernet
> socket etc.
>
> The distribution toolchain comes with nano-X and this does work fine
> with the touchscreen and the keyboard.
>
> The device I am going to construct will not have a display screen
> hardware (but lots of RAM) but I'd like to go on using nano-X nonetheless.
>
> I'd like to set up a normal RAM are as framebuffer and use VNC from a PC
> to access the GUI.
>
> So the first step would be to enable VNC server on the uCLinux test system.
>
> How can this be done ?
>
> I did find informations on this in the internet, but this seems to be a
> quite old project and the maintainer did not answer to my email.
>
> Another member of the NIOS Linux community is interested in this too. So
> maybe we can work together to get this going.
>
> Any help from the nano-X community would be greatly appreciated, of course.

IIRC there is a VNC server built into nano-X.  It needs libvnc or some such.
You have to read the source.  Also, about 3 eyars ago, I think I submitted
some patches via the maillist to make the VNC server work with newer vnc
source.

You probably want to search the mailling list for my name and VNC.

IIRC the changes were pretty trivial; mostly updating header files and
function calls..

--Yan