nanogui: Usage of Alpha Transparency in PNG Files

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Usage of Alpha Transparency in PNG Files
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Mar 2009 03:37:59 -0000

> I tried Vladimir's version of nanoX and have not found any differences
so far – except the usage of a newer freetype version. Thus I wanted
to ask which versions you suggest to use – especially libpng and libz?

I'm using quite old versions of those libraries - but I don't think they
really have to do with the problem.  We need to take a quick peek
at the engine/devdraw.c::GdDrawImage routine, I think the issue is
that the alpha-channel capable screen driver isn't being called
to draw the image.  All the image decoders end up creating
the same internal image structure (IMAGEHDR).  The engine
GdDrawImage routine then handles this common structure
and uses a couple of methods to draw the image.