nanogui: Flicker with dynamic images

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Flicker with dynamic images
From: "Robert S. Grimes" ####@####.####
Date: 13 Apr 2009 14:51:28 -0000

Hi Ricardo,

Ricardo Jasinski wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> I believe the first thing to do would be switching to the latest CVS
> version from the repository. Many have found issues with the
> touchscreen library, and quite a few have been resolved from what I've
> seen recently on this list.

I had switched from CVS to the Freescale version because the former's
kernel doesn't support 320 (x) x 240 (h) LCD screen layout.  Not sure
what to do about this...

> Secondly, could you easily run some tests using a higher frequency
> system clock? The fact that the artifacts appear at the bottom of the
> screen might suggest that the screen is not being updated as often as
> it should be. Alternatively, you could slow your system down and see
> if things gets worse.

I'm not sure about how to do this, but I'll give it a shot.  I'll only
be able to run slower, though - but if that makes things worse, that'll
be useful!

> Third, you could try running the other demos, which might give us new
> insights into these issues - perhaps they are related to cpu usage,
> somehow?

Okay, I'll give them a shot.  As I'm not sure what they are supposed to
do, it's difficult to know how their performance agrees or differs from
what they should be doing!  It's also difficult to describe how they
fail (and by the way, they all do fail, as far as I can tell).  But I'll
try to describe things as well as I can.

I won't be able to get to this until tomorrow, though, so I'm still open
to other ideas...

Thanks,
-Bob