nanogui: Screenshots in Nano-X

Subject: RE: [nanogui] Screenshots in Nano-X
From: Steven Vahl ####@####.####
Date: 28 Jan 2010 18:38:41 -0000

I discovered the problem with my corrupt bitmaps.  The cross-compilier I'm using for my embedded system does not support the "#pragma pack()" directive that is used around the declaration of the BMPHEAD structure in the src/engine/devopen.c file.  Consequently, byte-alignment was causing the bitmap header to be written incorrectly.

I fixed the problem by adding "__attribute__((packed))" to the BMPHEAD structure declaration, which is recognized by my compiler.

I also had to make some modifications to the GdCaptureScreen() code (swapping x and y coordinates) to resolve other problems caused by the fact that I am running the nano-X server in "rotated" mode.  (with the -R option.)

Thanks to all who took the time to look into this.

Steven Vahl
Scientific Programmer
ASD Inc.
2555 55th St., Ste. 100