nanogui: Re: [FIX] add alpha channel into GdDrawImage software handling

Subject: RE: [nanogui] Re: Re: [FIX] add alpha channel into GdDrawImage software handling
From: ####@####.####
Date: 11 Mar 2010 04:47:02 -0000

Mr Haerr

1) I have tested modified GdDrawImage() code on SCREEN_PIXTYPEs below. ( only for little endian. )
SCREEN_PIXTYPE = MWPF_TRUECOLOR8888
SCREEN_PIXTYPE = MWPF_TRUECOLOR0888
SCREEN_PIXTYPE = MWPF_TRUECOLOR888
SCREEN_PIXTYPE = MWPF_TRUECOLOR565
SCREEN_PIXTYPE = MWPF_TRUECOLOR555
It works well. (perfectly)
2) I have modified a few. ( GdDrawImage() )
 modifying struct RGB565,RGB555 field order on big endian. ( conditional compile )
 In case rgb565/rgb555 for big-endian, I guess that a byte swap operation which is the last step of GdDrawImage() is not proper. I think that it is proper to modify like your rewritten struct ARGB.

3) Additionaly, test for tiff alpha channel image have been completed.
It works well.

You can download TIFF test image from ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/libtiff/pics-3.8.0.tar.gz
( visit on http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/images.html. )
pics-3.8.0.tar.gz has strike.tiff that has alpha channel. ( bowling strike image. )

4) very trivial patch code for korean language.
 MWTF_DBCS_KSC -> MWTF_DBCS_EUCKR in 1demo.c

p.s :
 I suggest a small tip.
 I have ever tried to construct a big endian test environment. It may be possoble by using QEMU.
 A simple big-endian program can run on i386 pc by QEMU.

 ex)
 $file a.out
 a.out: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, ARM, version 1, statically linked, for GNU/Linux 2.0.0, not stripped
 $ qemu-armeb a.out
 hello

 But, complex program require kernel image for QEMU. ( I guess )
 If you are good at building linux kernel, you can fully test microwindow in big-endian environment.

 ex)
 $ qemu-system-sparc -kernel vmlinux-2.6.11+tcx -initrd linux.img

 but, I have no knowledge about linux kernel build.
 If anyone can do it and it is completed successfully, please inform a mailling list.

Regards,
Sung Joo

[Content type application/x-gzip not shown. Download]