nanogui: Screen driver development questions

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Screen driver development questions
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 6 Jun 2011 23:45:30 -0000

: thank you for your post. I have to say after you explained how complex the
: blit support with a screen driver for 0.92 would be I tried to write one
for
: the Snapshot version. I used MWPF_TRUECOLOR565 and got it to work! The
: samples work just as they did before with 0.91.

Great!  Perhaps we'll have to resurrect support for DJGPP, based on
your contributions.

: When should I set -DHAVE_FPRINTF=1?

This should be set when you're compiling for any system that
has fprintf. Look in include/device.h and you'll see that EPRINTF
and DPRINTF will use fprintf(stderr, ....).  Otherwise, the system
will use calls to GdError.

:
: On the other hand, could you please explain how to get the printf,
dprintf,
: eprintf, fprintf commands to write to a file? If these would print/write
: STDOUT, I could redirect them on the start of the program. The changes I
: tried in the error.c files did not seem to work.

Looks like you need to change stderr to stdout in the device.h defines
above.

:
: I also tried to set HAVE_FILEIO=1 but that did not seem to cause a file to
: be opened and the messages were still send to the screen. What is the name
: of that file and how do I open it?

HAVE_FILEIO just allows various nano-X functions to be compiled in
that assume a file system.  This should be set for your system.