nanogui: OS X/W2000

Subject: OS X/W2000
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jan 2000 19:11:15 -0000

: > I would _love_ to do alpha blending.  Both MAC OS X
: > and Windows 2000 are supporting it.
: OK, that's got my interest piqued.  What screen shots?

Brad -
	Well, I don't have electronic ones, yet.  But
last week's Business Week featured Jobs and showed
cool screenshots on what OS X will look like, including
heavy alpha blending, translucent dialog boxes, and
twirling papers coming up off the bottom task bar.  FYI
MAC OS X is a modified NEXT engine, a [heavily modified]
UNIX variant.

The Windows 2000 shots were in the latest MSDN developer's
guide.  Job's article quoted him as saying that, once
again, his friend/nemesis Gates would be copying him again,
and that that was OK, since Apple always has been the
innovator, and MS the stealer.  Anyway, needless to say,
all the translucent windows were also in W2000.