nanogui: Roadrunner/pk

Subject: Roadrunner/pk
From: "Frank W. Miller" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Feb 2000 04:18:05 -0000

Not to beat a dead horse but I'd like to clarify the status of this
project a bit.  pk is a real-time kernel that is available under a BSD
license.  Roadrunner is a full operating sysytem with I/O and program
Roadrunner was proprietary.  It is now available under GPL.  The Roadrunner
kernel is being replaced with the pk kernel, bringing protected memory
to the Roadrunner system.  I am not working on pk as a standalone project
anymore, but everything thats been done on it is still available.  New
pk development is being done in the context of Roadrunner.  Thus the
reason why I've been referring to the system as Roadrunner/pk.

I, and others I'm sure, are not interested in discussing details of
Roadrunner/pk on this board, except where it pertains to the development
of Microwindows.  There are two mailing lists for Roadrunner/pk for other
discussions:

For announcements:

For development discussions: